The biggest advantage you have requires no money.
Earl Nightingale said over and over, “We become what we think about.
William James in his Principles of Psychology defined genius as, “Little more than the faculty of perceiving in an un-habitual way.”
It is all too common to see things through the veil of our habits. Our day-to-day activities cloud our higher selves. If we look at our surroundings in our homes and businesses and all the things we take for granted the mundane with a newer imagination. These that are called genius among us are those that see beyond the ordinary. Routine actions present problems. Instead of taking these things for granted, they see an answer. The answer may be something as usual as a round stone that becomes a wheel. Answers that cure disease and take us to the moon and beyond were all just ideas that common ordinary individuals were able to see. We all can see beyond the ordinary. We have to resist seeing things as they are, and start seeing them as they can be. The small step from the way the world is to the way it can be is just one small, simple idea that may carry the seed of a revolution.
Looking at things in our lives differently sparks creativity. Let’s agree to put to rest the way many feel they are not endowed with creative genius. We are born of genius. Humans are all creative beings. There are fundamentals you can develop to elevate your creativity. Earl Nightingale wrote the following short list:
- A creative person has a clearly defined set of goals.
- Creative people keep notepad ready at all times to capture ideas.
- People that create answers to problems are good listeners with a keen sense of observation.
- Winners expand their circle of friends and acquaintances to feed the idea bank.
- The real genius understands the value of sharing ideas as one idea will produce many others.
- Once the idea comes, the genius has a series of steps to improve them.
- Time is used wisely just as any investment is.
All ideas are free. They come to us all the time. Our problem comes from allowing the old mundane habits filter those bursts of genius. Earl Nightingale wrote and recorded thousands of ideas that have been condensed into over 21 hours of life changing fundamentals in The Secret Advantage.